Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Drop in/punch in record

This would be very useful in arranger mode...
Say we have the verse done and then we want to work on the chorus... We can listen through the verse, get in the groove, and then join in with the new bit...

Perhaps someone knows a workaround?

Comments

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

run a mid cable from the out to the in.
    put a note at the beginning of a midi clip
    while playing the midi press learn and record
    wait for the note to play and be learned
    delete your original note and extend your midi clip and place an event on that same note where you want to punch in
    reccomend that when you start recording hit the clip to stop after 1 cycle so you dont punch out when the note comes around again

haven't tested this but it might work.

TimmyGTimmyG EnglandPosts: 10

Thank you rcz! I will do this. Just got to order a midi cable first (so far I just use guitar with it- Jack lead). Fingers crossed, cheers!

TimmyGTimmyG EnglandPosts: 10
    edited November 2020

Do you think it will work for audio? That's my main thing really.
    - edit- oh actually, I'm guessing not?
    Good thinking either way (for all I know)

Post edited by TimmyG on
    rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

tested this idea. totally works... in song mode. if instead of mapping to record you map to the launch pad of your audio track, then, if you have record on, the midi message will trigger the audio track to start recording at its interval. if you need to start at an odd time just reduce the length of your empty audio track.

for arranger mode it actually seems to bug out the deluge. the cursor dissapears but the audio keeps playing. running version 3.1.4