β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Possible to record both clip automation and audio into arranger view?

I would like to record a live performance on the Deluge that captures both clip launching and automation performed on the internal synths/kits as well as line-in audio from external synths. I don't want the internal instruments recorded as audio yet because I still want to improve the mix and arrangement after the initial capture.

From what I can tell it's possible to record clip automation performed in song view into the arranger (a cool feature) or to record line in audio as a new clip. But is it possible to do both at once?

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited October 2020

I think thats / in song mode, press record+song / the preformance gets recorded in the arranger. And maybe an audio clip set to record line in also gets recorded, not sure, gonna check that out.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

merelysoundsmerelysounds Posts: 3
    edited January 2021

First post, hi everyone!

@volsteh said:
    I think thats / in song mode, press record+song / the preformance gets recorded in the arranger. And maybe an audio clip set to record line in also gets recorded, not sure, gonna check that out.

I tried it just now (firmware 3.1) and I couldn't get it to work. When I press record+song, the playhead over the audio clip doesn't turn to red (even though the audio clip is armed) and no new audio gets recorded into the audio clip. Interestingly, the (empty) audio clip gets recorded into the arranger view; since it's empty, it's just silence, so it's not very useful. I'm very new to Deluge, perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone else have any feedback or pointers on how to record both clip and audio to arranger view?

Post edited by merelysounds on

I've noticed a very basic workaround for recording both clip launches and external audio. Just record audio in empty arranger view and while doing that, place other clips (prepared in advance) in the arranger view. This helps me with recording live performances that feature external audio. At the same time this is an excessively simplified approach, I'm still interested in a proper solution or in improvements to that workflow if anyone has any.