Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Learn incoming CC values in midi track

For the purpose of sequencing hardware synths with midi, it would be convenient if I could "learn" incoming midi cc values to map those to knobs.

At the moment you need to figure out and/or keep lists of synths cc values so that you can map those by selecting them one by one. This is a bit of a flow killer with external synths. Perhaps, if I could save tracks with already assigned cc values would also be a time saver here (select track and load a synth cc preset).

It's possible to learn incoming midi to map those to control Deluge controls, so I hope that this wish wouldn't be too time consuming to implement.

Tagged:

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

So save slots on midi tracks for external synths?
    If that's what you're saying I'm keen for that.

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

No he's saying to speed up midi assign to have the learn button understand cc's being effected on other synths. Like you could press learn and wobble a knob on your synth to make it know it's that function. Downside is it would only work on a midi to and from connection, otherwise the Deluge wouldn't get any feedback to know what it's learning.

MatthewGeorge what you've just mentioned is in my "Midi Requests pt 1 post" where I talk about the idea of having "Midi Kits" and "Midi Synths" where you save your presets for external gear and map it within. Could also have program changes within the presets... anyway read the post and give it a +1:
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/302/midi-requests-part-1#latest

maimai Posts: 21

+1 for learning external CC messages directly to the gold knobs + directly recording the external CCs (turning knob on external synth records the CC messages to the Deluge).

AudioroticAudiorotic SeattlePosts: 21

+1

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Nah, it's 12 cc assigns per synth track or kit row

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    n00bn00b SpacePosts: 28

+1, it'll def. safe time looking up all CC values for each separate synth.

'Bad sound kills good music!'

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

+1