β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Organising presets

The deluge is at the heart and soul of all of my music these days but one thing I would like to be able to do is organise my synth and drum presets the same way as my samples are organised in folders. It would just make everything so much more streamlined and accessible.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

+1
    Its a pain to scroll trough 1000+ presets.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@volsteh said:
    +1

You don't have to scroll through. You can search with they QWERTY keyboard using the loading interface.
    Load + Synth/ kit button is how you get there.

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@Icoustik said:

@volsteh said:
    +1

You don't have to scroll through. You can search with they QWERTY keyboard using the loading interface.

Yes, im using search to "quickjump" to a preset "group" (e.g. dx7*******). Still folders for synth and kit presets would be great if its possible.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

nilscreatesnilscreates nelson, nzBeta Tester Posts: 29

On the note of organising, i'd love to be able to group saved songs into subfolders same way as samples.

I would not expect this to be done on the deluge itself but rather back on the computer (again, same as with samples). Currently (deluge 3.1.2) it seems any folders created in SONGS are ignored.

πŸ‘†πŸ½Point noted re quick search @Icoustik , need to get into that habit ...

Paul_SPaul_S NetherlandsPosts: 3
    edited October 2020

This is really my number 1 wish for the Deluge. I have a couple of sample packs, and finding the sound I am after is really a pain and kills the creative flow.

@Icoustik said:

It looks like this search always starts matching at the beginning of the file name, so it wont help you if you want to find a preset that contains "bass" or "pad" in the middle of the name. It is very nice that you can give your presets/patches meaningful names, and if you could do a proper search on substrings in the name would be truly awesome. Ideally you would type "bass" and then scroll through all matches with the SELECT knob...
    And if we could have wildcards would be even nicer... Something like ".bod.pad." could then match all pads in your Boards of Deluge packs (providing that you name your patches properly).

Post edited by Paul_S on
    rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129
    edited October 2020

Maybe the preset files (the xml structure) could be extended with support of tags. These tags can be edited for the actual preset if the user want to using the built-in QWERTY keyboard.

By start-up Deluge could go through files and collect all tags for all presets in order to be able to filter presets by tags.

Something to consider is that how strong hit would it cause on RAM to store this tag mapping. However as far as I know Deluge has plenty of memory since streaming all samples directly from SD card, but I may be wrong.

Post edited by rudolphrapid on
This discussion has been closed.