Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Samples audio reverb and clipping?

NDT503NDT503 United StatesPosts: 4
edited August 2020 in Deluge Help

Hey gang, so recently I started pulling samples into the Deluge. I have noticed though that I get a lot of reverb and clipping when I do so. I have changed the song level, I have changed the clip level, the velocity, and the filters on all parameters and I still get this fuzz reverb/clip sound on particular samples. Is there a way to fix this in the deluge, or could this be a problem with the sample itself? When I play the sample on it's own on my computer I don't here the clipping, which makes me believe it is not a sample problem. Has anybody encountered this? Really appreciate it!

Post edited by NDT503 on

Best Answer

NiktuNiktu MelbournePosts: 6
    Answer ✓

If the samples with “a lot of reverb” are stereo samples, then I would suggest that it’s possible the left and right signals are out of phase. If so, it means anything panned to centre will cancel but the stereo reverbs stay in tact. The phase problem could be in the samples themselves, or somewhere in the cabling after the deluge. If the positive and negative signals are reversed on one side (left or right), then cancellation will occur giving you the effect you’ve described.

This is the first thing I’d check, if it were me.

Answers