Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

destructive MIDI-overdubbing / filling step sequencer with notes per step (no record)

It would be lovely if there was an option to overwrite already existing notes in a MIDI sequence per step. For example you're sequencing a synth that doesn't sound very good played polyphonically (303 in my case), so you already have some steps in your sequence and decide to play in different steps. Let's say on step 5/16 you already have a note and you press a different note this time for this step, now the previous note get's deleted from this step and replaced with the new one. This would allow you to program synth lines like a mad man, pretty much sequencing on the fly without thinking about it too much until you like all the steps.

Also it would be pretty cool if you could select a mode for a clip where you can program a sequence per step.
Sort of like this: play note, dont like it? -> undo, like it -> play next note. What would be even better would be if the clip length would extend as you play the notes, so you start by listening to a single note repeating, then going to a two note loop, then 3 notes, then 4 and so on and so on.

I'm coming from a not very musically trained back ground and love to make some techno as a hobby and these functions in the sequencer would make for a lot of happy accidents and usually I find myself making the best sequences by not thinking about it too much.

Let me know what you think, maybe I'm the only one thinking this would be cool :D