β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

FoLd

iceeicee United KingdomPosts: 1
edited June 2020 in Deluge Help

Just updated to 3.1.1 and all ok. Did a 'Learn' with one of my synths (Yamaha AN!X) and a quick record. All worked well on 3.1.0 but got strange synth sound and a message 'Illegal Data' on synth screen, had to turn synth and Deluge off to stop sound. Now when I power on Deluge I get FoLd on the screen and am unable to get any of the Kits or Synths in Deluge. When I check Firmware Deluge reports 3.1.1. Have re-installed 3.1.1, copied all libraries onto new SD card but still FoLd. Deluge is now unusable atm so can anyone help me with this please?
Thanks

Problem now resolved.

Post edited by icee on

Comments

gabogadgabogad spainPosts: 6

Hi! I have the same problem. May I ask you how you have solved it? Thanks!

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

If the content of the card gets corrupted, there is a factory content download on synthstrom page:
    https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/synthstrom-audible-deluge/Deluge+V2p1p0+factory+card+contents.zip

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Thanks volsteh! I have the same problem with the factory content... maybe the card is corrupted! But I ve formatted it again (fat32) and same "Fold" message appears...It`s weird...

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited February 2021

Hey try format with this: https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/smartdisk-fat32-format-utility-tool.html
    but might be the card tho

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Check "hidden files" on your SD card. You only want the bin file and the folder structure (samples, kits, synths, songs, etc), any weird other files might confuse it. Look at the top directory of the SD card on a computer and make sure you can "view hidden files". You're welcome to take a screenshot and share here or email: ian@synthstrom.com and I can let you know if any files that shouldn't be there

Thanks very much both for your help.
    There are indeed hidden files in my sample folders. They all have one .ds_store, and in some each sample has a hidden ._name, and there are others too: name.nov.

At one point I thought that was the problem and deleted those files, but it still didn't work, then I thought it was a mistake to delete them.

I have reformatted the unit with the tool that you have mentioned to me, to see if I get it.

I will tell you what happens, thank you very much for your help!

I have tried to erase the rare hidden files, it has not worked, but it has certainly been a great idea because there were quite a few and surely that way the machine works better.

I think I already have it, I am sending you a photo of what the card partition looks like. So, if it works. Without that partition it works too but only on 32 gig cards. If the card is 64 or 128, there has to be a small unpartitioned space. So it doesn't give the Fold message, and it works perfectly.
    Any additional information is welcome!
    Thank you very much for your help!!! A great machine, now, to enjoy it !!!

Nothing, I didn't say anything, now it freezes when I skroll through presets. I know it is from the card because it only freezes with the 64 and 128 cards, with the 32 it does not freeze. The content of the three cards is identical. They are the same type of card, only the size changes.

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59
    edited February 2021

I am having this same issue with a 128gb file. The card is recognized. The samples and presets are all there but when I switch a preset it freezes up. Works on 32gb card just fine.

Post edited by Mr_Fork on
    arwdarwd Posts: 2

My Deluge has just recently started showing the β€œFold” message when trying to save. I have tried multiple sd cards. I have tried multiple operating systems and formatting software but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I may not have tried? (not including buying a Polyend Play to end these annoying glitches)

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@arwd said:
    My Deluge has just recently started showing the β€œFold” message when trying to save. I have tried multiple sd cards. I have tried multiple operating systems and formatting software but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I may not have tried? (not including buying a Polyend Play to end these annoying glitches)

Is there a β€œSONGS” folder on your SD card?

arwdarwd Posts: 2

Yes I have added a folder titled SONGS. Is there anything that needs to be in this folder for it to be recognised?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Nope. I see others have had this problem because of hidden files on the root level of the SD card. Maybe check for hidden files there and get rid of any you find.