Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Access Synth or Kit presets by clicking a pad in the grid (infinite vertical scroll) & assign color

MonitusMonitus SpainBeta Tester Posts: 24

I have read the other suggestions about organizing presets in subfolders. I don't know if what keeps the developers to implement this is just time or is difficulty.

Anyway I have another approach to ease the access to preset which is being able to assign a color to each preset and then access them on the grid of pads doing some shorcut like Shift Synth Load. Then you are shown the grid of pads, vertically scrollable, of all synth presets, each pad with the assigned color to make it easy to identify them, and ordered alphabetically. Then you can scroll up or down, and tap on a preset to select it, or Shift + tap to preview the sound of a C3 note.

The idea behind this is to mimic the way the novation circuit lets you choose and preview presets.

With the addition of color tags (like what you do to files in macOS), you can have alphabetically ordered the presets and also color tagged so you know exactly that the line of red pads are all basses, the line with blue ones are pads, etc.

Comments

MonitusMonitus SpainBeta Tester Posts: 24

Previewing a Kit could be like long pressing a pad would play all the sounds of it one after another.
    Previewing a Synth could be long pressing a pad, and if the pad is monophonic a C3 note is played, and if poly, a major chord is played