β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sometimes my Deluge doesn't turn on?

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

I flick the power switch and nothing happens, I try again and it normally works. Is this normal? I've had my Deluge around 3 months so it's quite new.

Comments

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

Not normal.
    You should contact Synthstrom support directly:
    https://synthstrom.com/contact/

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60
    edited May 2020

Urghh okay thanks for the response, I was hoping it would be something to do with the SD card loading.

Post edited by PixelKicker on
    TheDarkSideTheDarkSide Bergen op Zoom the NetherlandsPosts: 6

i have the same problem here. So maybe you can help me with that?

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited April 2021

@TheDarkSide said:
    i have the same problem here. So maybe you can help me with that?

How are you charging it? I had this a few times, not happened since when I charge exclusively with a powerbank.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

I use a dc adaptor and I just tried with a power bank. Still nothing.

But I was updating to the new firmware 3.1.5 and there was an Error displaying. When I turned it off and on again then nothing happens. HELP

@TheDarkSide said:

But I was updating to the new firmware 3.1.5 and there was an Error displaying. When I turned it off and on again then nothing happens. HELP

Factory Reset and again updating doesn't work either

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@TheDarkSide said:

Try re-downloading the firmware file. And make sure any old firmware is not still on the card.

@Too_Mere said:

@TheDarkSide said:

Try re-downloading the firmware file. And make sure any old firmware is not still on the card.

I did that already to .. I can't even update because nothing happens when I hit shift and power on.

Even when connected to DC power?
    If not, I’d open the back and make sure the battery is properly seated, making sure the tabs are holding it tightly. Then I’d try a replacement battery.

@Too_Mere said:
    Even when connected to DC power?
    If not, I’d open the back and make sure the battery is properly seated, making sure the tabs are holding it tightly. Then I’d try a replacement battery.

even when connected to DC power. If I use the DC power the yellow led is lid and as usual after a while it goes to green. I have opened the deluge and checked the battery no problem there. But stil nothing :-((((

thanks I have done that..so I wait and I wait :-((. I hope that I don't have to send it to New Zealand. I keep my fingers crossed ...

Maybe try a new battery in the meantime. Good luck!

squidmonstersquidmonster AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 6
    edited February 2023

@Too_Mere said:

@TheDarkSide said:

Hey,
    I just experienced an identical problem updating to Firmware 4.0.1. Showed an error message and now completely unresponsive after powering on (and off and on and off and....). Was there a resolution to the issue in this thread?

Post edited by squidmonster on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

hold shift before turning on to reinstall the firmware, make sure not to turn off while updating. if OLED, wait a few minutes.

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

Unfortunately, there is no indication on the OLED display when the firmware update is running. This should be fixed as soon as possible because it is very confusing.

squidmonstersquidmonster AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 6

@reza said:
    hold shift before turning on to reinstall the firmware, make sure not to turn off while updating. if OLED, wait a few minutes.

Thankyou for the response. Have done so. There is no sign of life. Dead screen, dead front panel. I have replaced the battery and recharged over USB and (correct polarity) 9V power. Only the charge lamp seems to be working. I've filled out the service form

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 153

:(