Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Changing velocity on audition pads and/or gold knob

A nice feature is, that if you change the velocity of a note, the deluge remembers the velocity. But if you just want to play around without entering notes, the velocity stays the same.

It would be nice, if you could change the velocity on the audition knobs as well. And even better, if you could map this function on a gold knob, so you change the velocity on the fly without affecting the other notes in the clip.

Maybe you hold down one audition knob and then click on the lower gold knob. Then you are in velocity mode. As long you are playing or entering notes, you can change the velocity on the fly with turning the gold knob. If you click again on the gold knob, you leave the velocity mode and everything is like it was before. While in velocity mode, the display shows a string like Vel or Velo or something?

Maybe it would be a good idea to select one of the effect buttons, to safe spacefor more such functions. Maybe the one on the most right side (see the image)

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

FYI new update features a new gobal default setting for velocity. does not help directly here but i am really glad to get that.

adding more expressiveness to onboard playing would be huge for me. totally agree. i would rather prefer adding a velocity selector to the keyboard view though. because the track view has tons of commands already. keyboard view could aspire too be a potent master keyboard with loads of performance features like velocity, modwheel, chorder, ..