Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Wanted: Custom Global Launch Quantize Settings [SONG VIEW]

I would like to be able to set Global Launch Quantization to 4 bars (for example) which gives me a familiar amount of time (everytime) to perform tweaks during a transition. Otherwise if you have longer samples playing, it's hard to get the transition almost never occurs when you want it to. Especially a problem when you start jamming with 32 bar long samples/loops etc. Yes you can use the "ADJUSTING ARMED COUNTDOWN ON THE FLY" functionality but then you are focused on setting that thing right and not performing tweaks for your transition.

Comments

massimoschiavopmassimoschiavop ItalyPosts: 3

Hi, me too!
    i'm considering to use it instead of my laptop to play some audio clips (now I'm using Ableton). Some time I start a loop long audio clip, and I want to launch another short audio loop, but it's doesn't start because I must waiting the end of the longest.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited March 2020

yeah, good suggestion. i still find it hard to understand how section and clip launching works. i understand it in theory but i still find it hard to control it in practice. maybe i just need a better workflow.

@massimoschiavop said:
    I want to launch another short audio loop, but it's doesn't start because I must waiting the end of the longest.

this is not how clip launching behaves exactly, it was discussed it should work like that.
    old manual: "All clips in the section will become armed, to be launched at the next opportunity for the longest clip in the section to play in-sync with the longest already-playing clip."
    for example, 2 sections, section A with longest clip 2 bars, section B longest clip 16 bars.
    when i launch section A from section B, the 16 bars are not played out. it depends when i trigger the launch. the launch will occur as soon as the 2 bars (longest clip of section A) “fit in”. so if i actually want the behavior section B should play out, i have to trigger the launch right before section B ends. if i trigger section A when section B is at the 3rd bar, section B is cut off at the 4th bar.

it is cool to have the flexibility it matters when a launch is triggered. however, the industry standard is rather always playing out clips.

Post edited by amiga909 on