Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Function of L/R knob in sample editor (waveform view)

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

My main gripe with this is that I probably spend 90% of my time zooming into the start/end point and fine tune by tapping on the waveform display pads. This means that most of the time I'm holding down the L/R knob which is not only uncomfortable but is adding mechanical stress to the potentiometer, potentially.

Here's my proposal for changing the operation slightly:

• Rotating L/R will zoom in/out of the waveform at either the start or end marker
  • Tapping the L/R knob will toggle the cursor between start and end point (centering the start/end point on the 'screen' if possible). Currently you have to zoom right out to see the cursor (green/red column) and tap it to change which point you are editing.
  • Shift + rotating L/R will scroll the waveform display

I think this would be a great improvement both for your fingers and the hardware.

(I am aware of the fact that you can also add a loop point in addition to the start/end markers. In that case tapping the L/R knob would just move between all of the marker points to change the one you are currently editing)

Post edited by neilbaldwin on

Comments

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

I'd maybe add to this:

If the sample is set to LOOP and you're zoomed into the start or end point, pressing the audition pad for that sound will actually play from slightly before the End Point and loop back to the Start point. That way you can also fine tune looping samples without having to listen to the whole sample. Maybe the amount that is played before the End Point is determined by what you can see on the waveform display so you can control how much is heard (you'd want it to be different if you were editing a drum loop compared to, say a looping waveform.