Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tool that identifies unused files in SAMPLES/RECORD and moves them to a new folder for your disposal

blinkingpenguinblinkingpenguin United StatesPosts: 11

Hey! I made a tool that helps keep my Deluge free of excess .wav files I never intend to use. Instructions on download and use (with screenshots) are here. For the coders out there, the (Python) code is open source and the repo is linked as well.

I enjoyed doing this and would be interested in hearing if there are other things you think would be useful in organizing your Deluges!

Enjoy!

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Cool. This already exists though, without the extra need for python :) Some people don't wanna get into that.

https://neuma.studio/deluge-commander.html

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

matsmats GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 4

Good work, and very useful (at least for us in the penguin crowd :) )

@Icoustik said:
    Cool. This already exists though, without the extra need for python :)

Unfortunately deluge-commander is Win/Mac only, so for Linux users the above python script is definitely a welcome addition.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@mats said:
    Good work, and very useful (at least for us in the penguin crowd :) )

@Icoustik said:
    Cool. This already exists though, without the extra need for python :)

Unfortunately deluge-commander is Win/Mac only, so for Linux users the above python script is definitely a welcome addition.

Nice :) I know nothing about Linux

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

What an interesting discovery for me by reading the description that the pre-3.0 file format was invalid xml :D So Deluge hardly uses a real xml parser, I guess:)

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

Nice little program! I like the ability to have a second listen to all of the "orphan" sound files before removing them.

I've only had the Deluge for a couple weeks, and I've already got a collection of "I'm saving this sound for later" samples. Hmm... could use a separate directory for those...

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

there is a quick+dirty ruby script too https://github.com/amiga909/deluge-synthstrom-utils/blob/master/archive_unused_recordings.rb

however, with collect-media the cleanup game changed for me. when i am near SD card limit, I export all songs and reconstruct my sample lib. i do delete from RESAMPLE, i just focus on long recordings (60s+) as i dont use long samples in any song.

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

I also planned to write a small tool for similar tasks. Many thanks guys for sharing these great stuffs. I'm going to use them and you also saved some of my time :)

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

as i can see there are a few options .. but which is the best for
    deluge 3.03 firmware ?
    and the best for
    mac os ?
    user with no real coding knowledge *LIKE MYSELF *
    TNX YALL