Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Step edit for synth track or whole song

SoundwreckerSoundwrecker Colorado, USAPosts: 13

Is there a way to edit the volume for a single step of a synth track? For example, I want to turn it all the way down for the last bar of a pattern. I know I can record automation, but I can't crank the knob fast enough to achieve what I want. How can I edit a single step or manually enter and edit automation?

Comments

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

Just enter clip edit mode, scroll to the note you want to edit, press and hold the starting led button of that note while you turn the gold knobs :)

@rudolphrapid said:
    Just enter clip edit mode, scroll to the note you want to edit, press and hold the starting led button of that note while you turn the gold knobs :)

Is there a way to do it for audio tracks?

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129
    edited January 2020

@Soundwrecker said:

@rudolphrapid said:

Is there a way to do it for audio tracks?

Good question. I haven't tried it yet. I doubt it as the audio track is not a midi track as far as I get it. However you can resample it and put into a kit (or synth track using key C3 if you want to keep the original pitch) and from there you can do the hack.

Post edited by rudolphrapid on

It seems like I can manually record automation on the fly on audio tracks but no way to edit it or have the precision of a step edit function.