Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Problem with quantized clip launch and stop. (Launch seems to be broken.)

LarsDanielLarsDaniel DenmarkPosts: 21

I am working on a song and among a few clips of various lenghts, I have a very simple clip wih a kickdrum that is one bar (in 4/4).
In song view I can stop the clip using its lauch/mute pad, and it is out on the following "1". So far so good. But when I try to lauch the clip again, it goes all wrong. It waits and waits while the display shows a blinking 1 (as it should start after 1 bar, right?). But it does not start. Then after +8 bars it suddenly launches but on a wrong beat (e.g. on a 2 where it off course should be launched on a 1.)
I also have an 8 bar clip, and likewise it stops fine after its 8 bars, but launching it again, it comes in on a wrong beat in a wrong bar.

What is going on? Is this an issue that already has been documented?

Comments

Ok, researched a bit: I deleted all track but the one bar drum, and the 8 bar chords. And now launch works like expected. So the question is: What kind of tracks will screw up the quantized clip launch? I did have some tracks with odd numbers of steps, and they must have been the culprit. And I wonder what parameters matter here. Like what number on the track list (like is the odd track above or below). Or what was created first?
    There must be others who have stumbled upun this, so please chime in.
    It would be wonderful to know exactly what to avoid, in order to have reliable a stop/launch function.

So I have found this: With a 1 bar clip and an 8 bar clip, I can launch the 1 bar clip on "1" on the next bar. Good.
    If I then create a clip that is, say, 9 1/2 bars, the one bar clip can no longer launch on the next bar. It will wait until next time the 9 1/2 bar clip repeats. If I make the odd clip 6 1/2 bars, there is no problem.
    Then I made a clip (empty) of 16 bars, and that caused no problem: The 1 bar clip would launch on the next bar as it should. But then I made it 16 1/2 bars and launch of 1-bar clip was screwed. I then made the long one 17 bars, and now 1-bar clip could launch again on time.
    Then I went back to the problematic 16 1/2 bars but now I also made a new 24 bar clip. And all worked.

So is the rule: The longest clip should always be a nice and even number?
    I can live with that. But I must check if this also applies to short clips in the same way.