Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

What is the Deluge for you?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

What kind of user are you?

• Tech savvy Instrumentalist
    Example: Guitarist and Vocalist, makes songs with the Deluge live recording mostly.

• Electronic music producer
    Example: Uses the Deluge to replace a PC with a hardware setup.

How do you use the Deluge?
Is “Electronic music producer” the majority?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited December 2019

For me its both :)

I come from doing vocals, beatmaking, playing percussion and recording/mixing myself, all on computer,
    to full production with hardware instruments, midi setup, fusing live looping and sequenced electronic and sample-based music; moving away from - and only mixing/mastering on - computer.

Deluge is the multifunctional main hub.

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

CarlJohnFranzCarlJohnFranz United KingdomPosts: 10
    edited December 2019

For me it's a band I have complete authoritarian control over 😂. Rehearsals 24/7, songwriting, perfect timing, zero compromise, no drama or arguments, it never lets me down. It's the band I dreamed about forming since my youth.

Post edited by CarlJohnFranz on
    therockfrogtherockfrog Seattle, WAPosts: 4

I bought one because I got into Synth's a few years back after buying my kid a Roland JD-XI. After that I fell in love with syths and all things electronic. And this is my fav sequencer/sampler. Love it to death. Trying to program some games so will use this to create some game music!

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@CarlJohnFranz said:
    For me it's a band I have complete authoritarian control over 😂. Rehearsals 24/7, songwriting, perfect timing, zero compromise, no drama or arguments, it never lets me down. It's the band I dreamed about forming since my youth.

Good one <3

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

mycorrhizaborgmycorrhizaborg United StatesPosts: 5

my intent when buying the deluge was for option 2, to get my face out of my laptop and press more buttons when writing bedroom-producer tunes. but as i dig into the machine, its role is expanding to become more of the central part of live performance with me on guitar, partner on vocals and keys, and deluge doing all sorts of work (looping/live sampling the guitar and/or vocals, providing drums/fx, and the synth engine for the keyboardist). we are still working a lot out in the setup, in our zero free time... but excited to use the deluge this way.