Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

LOOPER problems / bugs

jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31
  1. "restart" (assigned via global midi) plays looped audio only every second time it's activated
  2. it is not possible to do additional overdubbing after selecting another track and then reselecting the initial target track
  3. there is overlapping of midi assigned audio LOOP and midi REC functions. LOOP will also overdub midi notes into tracks. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but it is definitely problematic.
  4. it SHOULD be possible to do non-quantized (instantaneous / punch style) overdub. The quantize dosen't allow for quickly merge input wit a preexisting track. That may be a limitation of the way the audio is overdubbed into new sub-tracks. It is problematic non-the less.
    *The last one is more of a request, but one that is very important if the deluge is to operate as a true looper.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

1) Do you mean it plays looped audio clips only every second time but other material plays normally?

2) I'm guessing you mean using a midi controller here, or? In that case, selecting a clip as target for external loop control is done by entering the clip's clip view (or by holding the clip row in song view and then pressing the external button/switch).

3) You need to unarm the midi clips for recording, by holding rec and then pressing the mutepad of the clip(s) you don't want to record, so that it turns green instead of red, i.e. unarmed for recording.

4) Yes, punch in overdub is a good suggestion, mentioned by others as well. Specifically unquantized loop-start.
    End of loop can already be done unquantized, using shift + mute/launchpad of the clip to end the loop recording, in song view (same as unquantized muting/ unmuting).
    Both for audo clips and instrument/ midi clips.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31

Hey hey @Icoustik . Thanks for chipping in.

1) Do you mean it plays looped audio clips only every second time but other material plays normally?

Yes. Kits and synths play normally. Its the recorded audio clips that play every second time when I press restart.

2) I'm guessing you mean using a midi controller here, or? In that case, selecting a clip as target for external loop control is done by entering the clip's clip view (or by holding the clip row in song view and then pressing the external button/switch).

cool thanks for the advice, I'll try that and see if it works.

3) You need to unarm the midi clips for recording, by holding rec and then pressing the mutepad of the clip(s) you don't want to record, so that it turns green instead of red, i.e. unarmed for recording.

This makes sense, but it isn't practical in a live application where you might want to loop something and then record some midi notes after (or vice versa). Arming tracks is a normal practice, but why would there be a global function for REC recording LOOP looping and LAYER layering. If they overlap it kind of makes them redundant.... maybe theres's something I'm not getting.

4) Yes, punch in overdub is a good suggestion, mentioned by others as well. Specifically unquantized loop-start.

AGREE! it would be very very useful!