Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge guesses wrong tempo of stem/clip, need to adjust clip tempo.

Goal: Import some long stems as clips at recorded tempo, and overdub midi/audio/etc

Clip import seems to misidentify the tempo for some long clips (e.g. thinks a 105bpm stem is a 137bpm clip).

If I hold the Tempo knob, I can set the Song to what-Deluge-internally-thinks-the-tempo-is, and the clip will then play at the recorded tempo --except then the Song tempo is off and sequencing over top is off-grid.

Suggestions? I just want to "correct" Deluge on the clip's tempo without altering the Song tempo.

TIA!

Comments

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

I have the same issue. Is there a way to override Deluges tempo guess?

MoonWolfMoonWolf United KingdomPosts: 50
    edited November 2019

I'm experiencing the same thing, and I'm learning to work around it.
    The audio clip is stretched to fit, so you need to make sure that it is an exact even multiple of bars in length.
    Then when you create the clip, stretch to the length in bars that it should be, and it should set the correct tempo when you press Tempo + clip pad...

What I have done to achieve this with long clips is thus (for a clip 160 bars long @110bpm):

• Create new song with a kit or synth track of 1 bar @110bpm.
    • Duplicate the bar until you have 16x16 (256) bars of it.
    • Create a new audio clip using your stem.
    • Stretch the audio clip sample to 10x16 (160) bars.
      The audio clip will now run at the correct tempo. You can get rid of the synth/kit track then.

Hope that makes sense, and helps.
    I'm still figuring it out, but I now seem to be having some success with stems of differing lengths and tempos...

Post edited by MoonWolf on

Thanks! Had a brainstorm as I was dozing off last night to try something similar to workaround.

@MoonWolf said:
    I'm experiencing the same thing, and I'm learning to work around it.

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

The way I've worked around this is to set all the pitch and transposition to 0 and play a click track. I adjust the tempo to the actual tempo of the track and resample the track as an Audio track.

It then works properly as the resampled track is associated with the correct tempo.