Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

USB midi host with ipad

andevalandeval United KingdomPosts: 1

Hello lovely deluge peeps. I’m trying to connect my deluge to my iPad using usb midi host mode. I have an unofficial camera kit (powered) but it doesn’t work connecting usb to deluge and iPad. Says ‘device requires too much power’. I’m powering the deluge with a separate adaptor.. and powering on the deluge with everything connected so it initialises midi host mode.

I’m wondering if I buy an official apple camera kit, can I expect it to work? Essentially I just want to trigger some synth in my iPad from the deluge and record it back into the deluge.

My other question is I’m wondering what very compact midi keyboards play nicely over usb midi host mode.
I’m considering an arturia keystep as so many people have them. Will that work in usb host mode with deluge?
Also will deluge be able to power the keyboard via that usb connection if I power the deluge with a power wart (dc adaptor).

Comments

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

Sounds like you need to get an adaptor with and amp rating higher than the draw of the deluge + iPad. Deluge requires 500mA. I have a 1 amp adaptor and thats enough to power my huge mpk261 through usb host. You really want to buy something double your Amp needs though.

cool_tunescool_tunes AmsterdamPosts: 1

I was struggling today to get midi in and out over USB to the iPad. I learned the Deluge needs external power(bank) connected, even when fully charged. The iPad with Apple or Third party camera connection kit (tested them both) also works without external power.