Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

LARGER CAPACITY SD CARD USAGE

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

I'm not sure if the hardware will allow it, but if it's possible, the use of 128G cards would forestall the need for multiple disks. I don't know what the average usage incurrs as far as disk capacity goes, but the resampling feature might eat-up a lot of that disk space depending on how large the samples are. I plan on resampling many samples with effects and replacing the originals in the song to cut down on polyphony.

Tagged:

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    Pretty sure 32GB is the limit.
    Do you need more than 96 hours of CD quality stereo samples?
    :smiley:
    workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

i need a ZILLIONS HOURS!
    ;)
    I don't know-- I haven't filled it up yet-- but consistent use, regular sample library updates and resampling will eventually eat up that space. supposing, also, that they introduce a way to record your song as a wav direct to disk...
    anyway-- all of that aside, more is ALWAYS better!

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

you can still have a few SD cards for different lines of work.. 32G is sweet limit of most of the devices. I guess the programming, and the SD device changes if you go over 32G.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@funktree said:
    you can still have a few SD cards for different lines of work.. 32G is sweet limit of most of the devices. I guess the programming, and the SD device changes if you go over 32G.

Total.
    I've got a bunch of SD cards. I record to an 8 track that uses them too. They're way smaller than tapes and fit so more much shit.