Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Using Cloned Clips in Arranger View

ooijjooijj BerlinPosts: 21
edited September 2019 in Deluge Help

In order to build on musical sequences in a clip, I've cloned several clips in Song View.
While I may have, for example, 4 clips using the same Synth voice (the original + 3 clones), I can only ever launch one of these clips at a time.
This works well for live performance in Song View.
But when I move into Arranger View, I only have access to the original clip, not to any of the clones, so I can't create an arrangement using any.
Is there a way of using the different cloned clips in an arrangement that I'm not aware of?

Post edited by ooijj on

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

;) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeJ5f1sl3kKJgvbKmGRe3PIMjkaYrh3eAXF05PAV6k/edit#heading=h.jhgan8lijg8h

Arranging clip-instances
    As mentioned above, you will very often have more than one clip assigned to the same track, and will wish to place instances of these different clips. When a clip-instance is placed, it’s left-most pad displays as one solid colour. This is that clip’s section colour, from song view. If you’ve already created one or more other clips on the same track, these will likely be in different sections already. Holding down a pad on the clip-instance and turning the select knob will flick between the different clips already in existence for the arranger track on that row, and the clip-instance’s colour will change accordingly as an indication. There is also a “white” option, which creates a new blank clip - see below.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

ooijjooijj BerlinPosts: 21
    edited September 2019

Hey @OdoSendaidokai, thanks for the reply. That's precisely what I was looking for :)

I missed it in the manual as there's no mention of a 'cloned' clip in that part, and I'm still learning the Deluge naming terminology. I might suggest updating the manual to something like this (not sure where I make that suggestion cc @Ian_Jorgensen):

Arranging clip-instances
    As mentioned above, you will very often have more than one clip assigned/cloned to the same track, and will wish to place instances of these different clips in your arrangement. When a clip-instance is placed, its left-most pad displays as one solid colour. This is that clip’s section colour, visible in the right-most pad display column in song view. If you’ve already created/cloned one or more other clips on the same track, these will likely be in different sections already, with a different section colour. Holding down a pad on the clip-instance in arrange view and turning the select knob will flick between the different clips already in existence for the arranger track on that row. The clip-instance’s colour will change accordingly as an indication. There is also a “white” option, which creates a new blank clip - see below.

Post edited by ooijj on