Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can I shorten an audio clip I just recorded without any stretching effect being applied?

I'm starting to record audio with the 3.0 update and have run into this situation a few times. I'll record my clip of me playing but not get to hitting the mute pad in time for it to make it a four-bar clip, instead giving me five.

I would like to trim the clip to four bars, however whenever I do that the stretching effect is applied and the timing goes off. I know I can trim the length of the clip using the waveform editor and changing the end point, but this process is very trial-and-error compared to the ease of holding shift and turning the up down knob.

Is there a way to turn off the stretching effect? This would be huge because I don't have a foot pedal yet and hitting that mute pad fast enough without it affecting my playing is pretty much impossible, so speeding up this workflow is really important.

Comments

Of course the second I post this I find it in the manual :D

"If you instead want to trim or extend the audio clip while leaving its waveform unstretched, tap a pad at the right-most end of the visible waveform. A red marker will begin blinking there, representing the loop-point in a similar way to in ​waveform view​. You may now tap where you want to move it to. Or you can tap the red marker again to make it disappear."

That's pretty easy! Though I would still consider something that would let you use the Shift+U/D method instead, maybe by setting a preference for how you want audio clips to be treated by default, stretch or left as-is with cutting the bar length acting as a trim.

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

+1

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin