Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Global note trigger probability changing (like Elektron Model:Samples)

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

Hi Synthstrom community!

I really like that with the Deluge I can create lots of variation within a beat by simply changing up the probability of certain notes actually triggering and it makes a beat come alive with very little effort. Yet, I am lazy and would love this to be even faster. A possible way I thought this could be done is by creating a similar function to the "Chance" knob applied to "control all" as implemented in the Elektron Model:Samples (see this loopop vid: ).

As for workflow I think it could be possible to use the existing way of changing note probability (pressing on a note and turning the select knob counterclockwise) and make it a three button combo: Press a note, press "Affect all" and then turn the select knob. If probability or note conditions were a separate menu, it could also be done similarly to how "affect all" works for setting choke groups (although I do not find that workflow a bit difficult to wrap my head around).

On the other hand, I would love to be able to make note probability something that can be affected by a physical knob just like the Model:Samples. Perhaps it would be possible to link probability to a specific custom slot in the parameter section (eg the golden knobs) and have them be dialed in to taste. However, the trick of stacking probabilities to exactly 100 percent to have the Deluge pick between two notes would be waaaay harder to pull off that way. Upsides and downsides to making it more elektron-like I guess...

Any feedback on this suggestion would be appreciated.

Comments

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

Somehow the video link was messed up. What I referred to was the function mentioned at 15:30 in the video.