Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Looping live instruments

KWMusiqKWMusiq Ann Arbor, MIPosts: 1
edited June 2017 in Deluge Help

I have dreams of doing live performances where i set up synth/keys loops, add some drums, and then play my saxophone over the top of said key and drum loops. I want the option to record sax 'samples' (lines riffs etc) into the unit and have them become part of the key/drum loop, whilst performing.
I have looked at doing this on the MPC, Maschine, and other sequencers but am yet to decide which is the best unti for my goals. Does the Deluge have this capability? It seems to have a line input where i could sample in some saxophone, i just wonder if i can record that and make it become part of the loop in real time for a smooth live performance..maybe i am just dreaming >.<
any direction would be appreciated :)

Post edited by KWMusiq on

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

Not as of yet. There are a bunch of us wanting this feature, so hopefully it'll become a reality.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @KWMusiq! Currently, it's not possible to do this in real time on the Deluge, however you could use a MIDI-syncable loop pedal and the Deluge's sync-scaling capability to get a similar effect :smile: