Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

A Better Use of the Grid

Hello!
I would like to see two improvements that seem very logical in terms of workflow:

• Ability to use the keyboard mode for kits, so we can manage our samples in a FAR better way than scrolling endlessly and then finger-drumming on the side of the deluge like if Deluge creators hated people using samples ;D
  • Ability to show presets and projects on the grid, so we don't have to turn the browsing knob during hours during a live set to get to what we need.

Also using the grid for that would allow us to use color coding, which is another very fast way to see and select/play content.

UPVOTE if you like the idea ;)

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

As far as I know the first point is already as feature in the new firmwar. Just watch the videos.

I don't get exactly what you mean with "Ability to show presets and projects on the grid". Can you describe a little more? How should it look like in your opinion?

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

AkenAken MontrealPosts: 31
    edited June 2019

If the first point is already planned I'm super excited.

The second point I see it like the first point actually, but for presets and projects, ie you hit a button (synth/pad + load for presets and maybe long load press for projects) and then the grid show 1 pad per preset, that means 128 presets on the first page. With color coding you could select very quick that preset #67 (4th row, 3rd column, from bottom left) that would take you a few seconds with the current scrolling method. Also it would be easier to check for names (since we will be able to name them), edit them and all.

But above all it wouldnt be only about the preset #67 anymore, with color coding or just where you place them, it allows you to make categories easily (bass sounds in the bottom left area, fx on top left, etc.) while right now it is a pain to handle.

Post edited by Aken on