Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Battery died, any advice on charging?

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

My battery no longer holds a charge, I am getting about 5 minutes of use after charging then the red light comes on, then shortly after the red light starts flashing. I have had the Deluge just under a year and mostly use it on battery, typically for the odd 30-45minute session once or twice a month on average.

I charge it via a USB cable connected to a wall outlet that has integrated USB charging sockets with 2a capacity per outlet.

So I went to my local vape emporium and bought a new battery, it is a 2500mah Samsung, not quite as good as the original 3000mah Samsung that was supplied with the Deluge but it was the only decent one they had in stock, I ordered a couple of spares the same spec as the original online.

So my question is what is the best way to charge? The manual doesn’t really give specific info other than it can be charged via USB or the DC input, so was I just unlucky with the first battery? I am not worried, the replacement was cheap enough and I know batteries vary in lifespan, or could there be a possibility that the current from the wall outlet is too high and caused the battery to overheat whilst charging, thus reducing its lifespan?
Obviously I’d like to try to avoid burning through batteries this quickly so any insight into best charging practices and whether to use USB or DC and what amperage rating would be appreciated.

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

It is more likely it was a battery issue than it was your charging method. Sometimes the occasional battery is just a bit of a dud. Maybe just see if this happens again, I suspect you were just unlucky. The battery will only draw what it needs, regardless of source.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Ok cheers Ian :wink: