Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Quick access to backs of folders when browsing samples

It would be really useful if we could turn the <> knob to the left when first entering a sample folder, so that you can get to the samples at the back of the folder without having to scroll through hundreds of samples first.

Also I think this has been mentioned before, but holding down shift to scroll through samples faster would be super useful too.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

upvoted, yeah it is painful, by now i prepare all my sample folders to avoid the mentioned problems. similar request that makes use of the currently unused launch/section columns for better navigation in file browser http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1644/file-browser-use-launch-section-columns-to-show-current-folder-content#latest

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Might be a non issue when qwerty is used, type name of sample, as long as we name our samples it should be fast to find them.

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55
    edited April 2019

@cypher79 said:
    It would be really useful if we could turn the <> knob to the left when first entering a sample folder, so that you can get to the samples at the back of the folder without having to scroll through hundreds of samples first.

Also I think this has been mentioned before, but holding down shift to scroll through samples faster would be super useful too.

The same with the synth sounds. To remote the Deluge via controllerbox you have to make 16 clones of each soundbank, with each soundbank routed to another midi channel. When searching for the right sound for midi channel #10 i have to scroll first through 899 sounds, cause the sounds / midi - cc's routed to channel #10 start with sound 900. 10er steps would be a help.

Post edited by Stromer on
    cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@darenager said:
    Might be a non issue when qwerty is used, type name of sample, as long as we name our samples it should be fast to find them.

Wouldn't really work for samples inside folders with names like kick 1, kick 2, kick 3...etc.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@Stromer for me the synth lets you scroll through the presets from the back end like how I'm suggesting with the sample browsing?