β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

mute colors

Needless to say, I'm loving the Deluge and its workflow. There's just one single thing bugging me hard: mute colors. Sadly, I can't tell yellow from green and that gets worse if the two colors are close to each other. I know it's not a common problem but I would suggest, for muted tracks or kits, to use something more straightforward, maybe shades of grey, like:

• dark grey (the one you see editing track length) or NO color at all (light off), for muted tracks
  • light grey for unmuted tracks

These two colors, finally, should NOT be used for track coloring, so that finding out what is playing and what is not would be a no brainer.

Please, help a poor color-blind :-)

Comments

JscottkJscottk SeattlePosts: 51
    edited April 2019

Good point. I'd love the ability to select arbitrary colors mute colors per-track too so we could "label" individual tracks with specific colors (retaining groups as we have them now).

Post edited by Jscottk on
    harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

I'm having the same issue :( I just really can not tell the difference

KomplexKomplex Soundform RecordingsBeta Tester Posts: 82

This is an extension of FCC (Full Colour Control). Having the ability to control all colours, set up monochome/grayscale/shade modes and exclude dildo colours (pink and purple) is something that's been a hot topic on and off the internet for a while now :)

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited November 2019

@Komplex said:
    This is an extension of FCC (Full Colour Control). Having the ability to control all colours, set up monochome/grayscale/shade modes and exclude dildo colours (pink and purple) is something that's been a hot topic on and off the internet for a while now :)

dildo colors? πŸ˜€
    dont know about a fcc trend but agree accessible tech products is getting more relevant. from a business perspective it does not make sense to support marginal groups, from an ethical standpoint it does. just recently pizzahut lost a long law trial against a blind person to make it possible to order online.
    however, dont think its mandatory for music tech, u cant really say u are excluded from society if u cant use a certain device to make music.
    on the other hand some color blindness is more common than most would think, some more about this here http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/7797#Comment_7797

Post edited by amiga909 on
    denkyuudenkyuu United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 11

I wanted to rekindle this discussion and see if there's any way to make an appeal to the devs! I love my new deluge, but the mute color issue is huge for me. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between a muted and unmuted pad Green and yellow is the hardest combiation short of blue and purple for me.

Can we just make mute red? or Off? Pretty please? :D

Vega23Vega23 UKPosts: 2

@denkyuu said:
    I wanted to rekindle this discussion and see if there's any way to make an appeal to the devs! I love my new deluge, but the mute color issue is huge for me. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between a muted and unmuted pad Green and yellow is the hardest combiation short of blue and purple for me.

Can we just make mute red? or Off? Pretty please? :D

I agree with this, am considering buying a Deluge, but have exactly the same colour issues... green and yellows are tough, along with blues and purples... seeing the pink in a pinky grey.... subtle LED colour coding is pretty useless to some of us...

Vega23Vega23 UKPosts: 2

It’s a deal breaker....

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Interesting that red-green colorblindness hasn't been mentioned. Are Deluge's red and green sufficiently different in brightness that they're distinguishable to someone with red-green colorblindness?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited June 2020

@sikz @Vega23 @denkyuu @harrykaufman

The new 3.1 update features the option to edit mute/unmute colors both in song and clip view, as well as solo color :)

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

This discussion has been closed.