Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to delete SUB-KIT on Deluge?

vdj1308vdj1308 United StatesPosts: 6
edited March 2019 in Deluge Help

Hello anyone, is there a way to delete sub-kits from Deluge? I know that I can save a new content into a created sub-kit, but I simply find it very confusing having bunch of ##A - ##Z sub-kits. Can i simply rename a sub-kit to a new KIT with a solid number (and no letter) and then delete the original sub-kit?

Post edited by vdj1308 on

Comments

no_barcodeno_barcode United StatesPosts: 9
    edited April 2019

There's no mention of how to delete sounds or kits from slots/sub-slots in the manual, only how to save them. Maybe the thinking is that deleting isn't absolutely necessary as you can always just overwrite something. But it would be nice to be able to free up slots and sub-slots during use -- just keep things clean, organized, and less confusing. (like you said)

One thing I found is that if the sound you've been working is ready to be made permanent, and your "final version" is something like 172h, you can hit Save+Synth (or +Kit) and then choose a slot number without the version letter/sub-slot (172 in this case) to save your "final version" to. Then in general just hold the shift key while turning the Select knob to skip over the sub-slot/subversions.

But yeah, I'd like to be able to delete presets without taking the card out and manipulating XML files. Or flip the functionality to hold the shift key to get to the sub-slots while browsing. (which at this point would confuse the hell out of everyone probably -- so maybe not a good idea)

Post edited by no_barcode on