Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Suggestion; Auto Save Pleaae and Auto Start to last song/track

Hello,

I'm used to some newer gear where the systems will auto save as you go and if you power down it will keep your last work and restart where you left off.

It would be nice if this were an option as I have lost some work already and would like to be able to keep in a creative workflow when traveling with the device.

What happened is that I was working on some tracks at the airport and I was moving place to place and instinctively just powered it down (like my OPZ - and other portable gear). When I turned it on --- I was thinking we'll crud - lost my work. It happened again last night and I'm wondering why there can't be an option to auto save current and/or auto save to an auto save file.

Please consider this as I feel it is important for a battery powered mobile debice.

Thanks,
Brett

Comments

punchedoutpunchedout United StatesPosts: 29
    edited March 2019

I think coming back to the last song would be nice, but I don't want to see an autosave feature since the file system is already kind of unfun to navigate. I would loose track of versions to easily, but thats just my point of view. Maybe you can convince me as I do not have any hardware that does this yet.

Post edited by punchedout on
    BrettBrett Posts: 39

I'll give you an example - I created a synth on a new track. Pulled a couple of waveforms into ODC1 and 2, played around with it - thought I saved -- really hard to tell saved it not --- thought I saved it to 173. Powered off the devices - powered back on ---- nope, no save - just gone.

To the "auto save". I have two other devices that do two sightly different forms of this.

1) my OPZ - I really really like how this works for a highly mobile device. You change it, it's changed. If you don't want it in auto-save mode you can change it (turn it on with a button held). Overall I find the workflow for mobile use the best that I've used.

2) my DigiTakt - it saves the last state of the project that is active when I turn it on and off. If I like what I've done I then save it to the project for later full recall - or I move on to a new project and get a prompt to save or not. I can save or not but either way if I turn off the device and turn it back on the last things I was doing are still active.

In both cases I feel I have a better experience.

I believe this to be true for two reasons:
    1) load/save of synrhs and kits as such are hard to understand with minimal prompts - again in my opinion

2) I use it mobility - out to get a snack, on the bus to work. All places where I'll need to be able to turn on/offf quickly and I don't want to have work lost.

For the same reason - I'm mobile with it - power it on to where I was last because that is most logical place for me to start next... And to restart without the worry of "did I save" --- now we are taking a truly mobile device.

I can tell you I've already lost a few tracks, takes, add even a synth just this morning.

Please consider it.

Thanks,
    Brett