Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording guitar into Deluge to play in time with drum loop

Hi,

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a 2 bar drum loop and I want to record a 2 bar guitar phrase with my guitar into the Deluge to be perfectly in time with this. So I want to be able to hear the drum loop in my headphones and play along with it when I record. I know I can always record the guitar elsewhere and import it as a sample but this would be far more convenient if I could do the whole thing in-house.

Can this be done?

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Many Thanks

Les

Comments

I figured it out!!

To record an audio track into Deluge using the built-in mic

Go to SONG mode and create a new track by pressing a pad on an empty row. Create a new synth by pressing SHIFT and SYNTH.

Press SHIFT and TYPE (Column 3, 3rd Row up) and scroll SELECT until you see “in” - BACK is flashing at this point so turn it off.

Zoom out to see whole area and make one long note on the bottom row - this is to monitor the incoming signal. Go back to SONG mode and solo this track. Enable a drum track for guidance. Make another new track and create a new KIT track.

Plug headphones into Deluge. Press PLAY and then RECORD on the Deluge leaning in towards the mic - lo gain is fine!

Perform your music - vocal, guitar etc. - in time with the guide drums or metronome if you prefer. Then press RECORD and PLAY again to stop the recording - the recording can be auditioned on the AUDITION pad at the foot of the track view. Make sure that the second track you made is long enough to play the whole sample by doubling the length as necessary.

Press SHIFT + START (Top Row, Column 1) to edit sample start and Press SHIFT + END (2nd Row, Column 1) to edit sample end. Press <> and dial to zoom in for finer detail.

Positioning sample in the Arranger

Go to SONG mode and hold down any pad on the new track’s row and then press SONG again to go into ARRANGER where the new track will now appear.

Press a pad roughly where you want the sample to start. Zoom in to fine tune it but remember to make a long note as at 64ths only the first part of the sample will play.

Delete the original monitor track as necessary and move new Arranger track up if necessary.

Hope you find this helpful

Kind Regards

Les

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Thank you for taking the time to write it all out and post it!

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

Again, thank you for your work to write down this workflow for anyone.
    ...and have fun with your Deluge!

START and END have moved on the new firmware and faceplate. I wasn't able to find them in the documentation, have the workflow for editing start and end of a sample changed?