Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

mute behaviour

sinknoodlessinknoodles Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 32

just a couple minor things i think should be changed :

• If a track is muted you can no longer play it in keyboard mode or with the audition pad
  • In kit tracks if you mute/unmute you are then also selecting that sound for editing as if when hitting the audition pad
    ex: i was fading in the hi- hats via volume / gold knob and wanted to unmute the kick. doing so
    then meant I was changing the kick volume ad i had to jump back to the hats interrupting the transition.

Comments

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

@sinknoodles said:

• If a track is muted you can no longer play it in keyboard mode or with the audition pad

Agreed let’s change it for live players... It is important to play a muted track in keyboard mode. So I can play over the track even when it is muted.

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

@sinknoodles said:

• In kit tracks if you mute/unmute you are then also selecting that sound for editing as if when hitting the audition pad
      ex: i was fading in the hi- hats via volume / gold knob and wanted to unmute the kick. doing so
      then meant I was changing the kick volume ad i had to jump back to the hats interrupting the transition.

did you know about shift-audition (no sound selection) otherwise I don’t know how would you be able to use one knob to cross fade between two sounds. How about automation

An option in settings could drive mute-without-selection right ?