Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI note mute vs. audio mute in song mode

When launching tracks in song mode it seems like the only two options are to arm a track to play when the phrase ends or to immediately mute/unmute a particular track. I think the mute function would be much more usable if it "muted" further MIDI events from triggering rather than immediately cutting off the audio as soon as you hit shift+arm. If the track has long notes, cutting off the audio is rather jarring, and it would be better if the previously triggered notes would just play out and further notes would be muted.

Perhaps this is already implemented, and I just haven't figured out how to do it...

Comments

nachtaktivnachtaktiv Bern / SwitzerlandBeta Tester Posts: 1

yes, that would be nearly the only thing that i like to be fixed at the moment... unfortunately it was not fixed with 1.1.

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128
    edited June 2017

If you MIDI mute note you’d still hear the delay and reverb "release sound" on “muted” track...
    Which is good
    However I still have problem with immediate-mute.I get pops clicks when using it, especially for the FM sounds

Post edited by funktree on
    OmskInfoOmskInfo Berlin, DeutschlandPosts: 25

I agree with qdemo. To mute a track in the Song mode should have the option to simply mute the events in the track while letting all envelopes and effects to continue to decay.

sinknoodlessinknoodles Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 32

+1

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128
    edited June 2017

@OmskInfo said:
    I agree with qdemo. To mute a track in the Song mode should have the option to simply mute the events in the track while letting all envelopes and effects to continue to decay.

I see you point... makes sense, I tweaked my original post to reflect it. There used to be a battle to have tail effects when you move from patch to patch ... and then big guys started to implemented it, I think oasys korg was the first to have it. yes no cutting delays or verbs

Post edited by funktree on
    TactileAFTactileAF Perth, Western AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 22
    edited August 2017

Coming from the ESX/EMX this one is a huge +1 from me.
    Also, and kind of related, it would be nice to have tails on track specific delays in song view - send to delay/reverb could be switchable to pre/post track volume, enabling volume swells with fx tails.

Post edited by TactileAF on
    beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

Late to the thread, but yes if in Song mode, midi events (from the sequencer) were muted (instead of audio), then it'd be good if incoming midi (either from audition pads, keyboard mode OR incoming MIDI messages) kept being processed.

This would allow you to mute the sequencer info for a track whilst you temporarily played along with it, then return back to the sequence.