Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Beta 2.1 - Setting 'Loop Points' to zero crossing to avoid clicks

beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

v2.1 (in beta test) has the ability to set in and out loop points in waveform view.

Suggestion is:

• once IN or OUT has been set - using ZOOM & SELECT to fine tune points
  • to click SELECT to move chosen point to nearest ZERO-CROSS in waveform

Would avoid loop-clicks

Comments

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

It definitely needs something, I'm finding it pretty much impossible to get click-free loops at the moment. Needs some kind of automatic snap to zero and/or a very short crossfade at the loop point. The waveform display is great for 'broad brush' editing but too lo-fi for really precise stuff - it's impossible to tell exactly where zero is!

Update is awesome overall though.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161
    edited December 2018

The loop clicks for fixed length loops are really annoying. I meanwhile use an external RC 505 just for recording & looping.

Post edited by fryyyy on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

i dont get clicks all the time, doesnt work terribly bad, it just basic. zero crossing or an auto fade would be cool.
    just tried it now, the wave editor works much better than i expected, easy to use as well.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Where are you guys getting the beta from or is it still facebook only club?

fb group, yes.

maimai Posts: 21

I absolutely agree. An option for fades and/or zero crossing is needed for usable results.

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

@darenager said:
    Where are you guys getting the beta from or is it still facebook only club?

Yup, Facebook - the evil empire!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

poldensteinpoldenstein italyBeta Tester Posts: 43

+1 for 0crossing/fades

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

+1 for zero crossing fades, and zero fb exclusivity :D

JabokJabok AustriaBeta Tester Posts: 5

+1! mentioned this in the Facebook group, with no real response... Thought I'm the only one with that problem. I would really like that to be implemented.

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 61

-1 for Facebook.

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

In the current state I would not want to set loop points on the Deluge. Then I'd rather use software. Crossfades and Snap-On-Zero are only minimal solutions for setting reasonable loop markers. For this purpose I would prefer specialized algorithms, like the great Penrose algorithm in Logic/Mainstage. I think an automatic loop algorithm would be a challenge that would please Rohan :)

cool suggestion. Snap to Zero would be very nice to get rid of a click.
    a Crossfade ON/OFF Option for BPM related "fixed-length" loops would be very cool.

automatic loop algorithm: interesting, yeah i'd take it!
    ok for me if i have to get rid of clicks myself, by now we can just zoom in and try to get rid of the click by moving the start point. sampler tools like snap-to-zero-crossing and crossfade or autofade would further elevate Deluge to become the undisputed king of hardware samplers.