Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

track length to suit sample or recording length

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

is it possible if you import a sample into the synth track or do a recording , say a backing track that is 2 1/2 minutes long , to set the length of the track to that length of 2 1/2 minutes exactly and have the sample play for that length of time and loop and then add kit and synth tracks of the same length to build a song.

Comments

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

The strange thing I find is I have created a long track , longer than my sample I have recorded but when you click the first pad to place the sample in the track a number of pads will also light up which is good but they never go all the way to the end of the sample , usually cut off a bit of the sample, what am I doing wrong.
    In Andreas Roman's understanding the Deluge he says while the sequencer is endless it really only supports 12 - 16 bars at the moment, so maybe my long samples are just exceeding what the Deluge is currently capable of doing.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Sounds like a bug, Robbymust. I've checked the max bar limit for note data, display shows "Big" after exceeding the 10'000s. If it keeps doubling the length, it goes up to well over 100'000 Bars (!). At 120 BPM (1 bar = 2s) this means you could have a sample that plays for over 2 days :) Probably not something that gets tested a lot :)
    If you say 12-16 bars, which BPM do you have? Did you try with a drone note (Create a note that occupies the visible screen length)?