Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

rear mic plug as line in

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

Would it be possible to use the 3.5mm mic plug for a line in for say a cell phone or other music source , what is the difference between the line in and mic in
also if you have head phones plugged in and also a line out from both the left and right line out plugs do you get stereo out of both the headphones and the combined left and right line out.

Comments

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

Usually a microphone input is mono. I don't know it exactly, but I think this part of the hardware is only designed for a mono signal.

So in the manual this is what it says "Stereo and mono microphones are supported (and automatically detected)" so that means the mic input could support a 3.5mm stereo line input unless the deluge has some software or hardware thing that want support a line in thru this jack. I want to try it but do not want to damage any hardware.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited November 2018

I asked Rohan and he said that it outputs some power, think it was 5v, for microphones. So if what you plug into it doesn't have resistors, then it might be damaged.
    Otherwise it works, stereo or mono

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Thanks Icoustik yes well it does make sense that the fantom power out may effect some devices so best to use a 3.5mm to 6mm jack plug adapter and plug into the main line in when connecting a mp3 player or cell phone for instance
    how is Norway such a beautiful country
    regards Rob

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

It's quite nice, beautiful indeed. Cold now in the winter, but cozy :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ