Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sidechain Affecting Entire Kit Track

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

When you slice up a sample on a kit track, it would be really nice to be able to set the sidetrack parameter for all slices at once. I guess this function is not executed because most kits have a kick and thus by default a sample that does not have sidechain, but for kits without kick, it would be nice to set the sidechain for the entire kit by using the "affect entire" button and turning the sidechain knob up.

Comments

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Yeah it would also be good if 'Affect Entire' worked for filters and FX for kits.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157
    edited November 2018

double post

Post edited by cypher79 on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

affect entire does not work as assumed.

"affect entire" really is a misleading naming IMHO.
    you never affect more than 1 parameter. you just access another fx chain. took me a while to figure that out.
    eg. if you change volume with "affect entire" on, you just change the volume on the track effect chain. the volume settings of the fx chain for the individual rows are not affected.

so, if we keep the current behavior and add changing multiple parameters at once, we have a total mess IMHO: some params would be changed for all individual samples, others change the track fx chain.

however, I wished to have that functionalty too. like setting sample mode to CUT for all samples at once.

my proposal would be to change the naming of "affect entire" to something like "track/global fx". and implement batch changing params for kit tracks in a different way. for example holding shift while turning the select knob could set the params for all samples in a kit (if a kit row has that param).

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

@amiga909 said:
    however, I wished to have that functionalty too. like setting sample mode to CUT for all samples at once.

Yes please!