Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Track Consolidation (with reverb tails looped back)

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

In order to save CPU by limiting voices and allow for easy exporting of stems, resampling channels is the easiest way to go, however it could be easier still...

It would also be nice to have some settings there for dealing with the tail of a track and, for example, have reverb or delay loop around to the beginning of the sample.

The entire procedure of resampling could also be simpler by immediately creating a new track after resampling, but then I'm just nitpicking...

Post edited by Samuel on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

it is a good point this is not optimal. a workaround is to record more iterations and then use the slicer to pick an iteration with effect tail.

do u have a suggestion to solve it, what do u mean with some settings?

i’d suggest to simply make work starting a recording with record+play during playback. while we can end a recording at track end bar with record+play, we cannot start the recording at the first bar while Deluge is playing. record+play to start a recording only works when Deluge is stopped.

your use case could look like:

• start recording when deluge plays the track a second time (so the effect tail is there) using record+play
    • stop recording with record+play as usual

about instant track creation. why not but not important for me, its already very fast, imho. its a very good thing a new recording is auto selected when assigning a new sample.

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

I think a good solution would be to have the option to start recording at the start of a new loop when playback has already started so that you do not need to worry about slicing up a sample after recording and all the delays and reverbs are already there from the loop before it.

A solution to do this could be this: While the loop is playing, you can press shift + record so that resampling is armed and starts on the next loop. then when you have the loop you want you press record + play to stop resampling on the end of the loop and save the sample.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Samuel said:

i fully agree! a perfect solution :)
    no wonder, its exactly what i proposed ;-)