Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio Input Questions

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

Waiting for my Deluge to arrive and doing my homework, figuring out how I would like to make my set-up work. I would love to use the Deluge together with my saxophone and potentially other sound sources, but I have trouble finding the best way to hook everything up. After reading the manual, I am a bit confused about how the different audio inputs work.

I found that you have both an Instrument line in (1/4" TRS) and a mic input (3.5mm Jack). The mic input provides some sort of power (4.5V) but I beleive the Instrument Line in does not. So far what I could find, now for my questions:

1. Can both these inputs be connected at the same time? It seems there in only one in track. Does the Deluge pick one of the two, or does it combine the signals onto one track?
  2. What is the sound level the instrument line in expects?
  3. The power on the Mic is not enough to power condenser mics over phantom power, which is a pity, but what can I do with that power? Are there mics that work well with this kind of connection?
  4. Does anyone have some good tips for Mics or portable mixers I could use to manage multiple inputs into the Deluge?

Comments

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

1.You can use both inputs at tbe same time. Each one in a diferent track.
    2.Line level. Typical of synths, drum machines,...
    3.You can use dynamic mics (for example a Shure SM57) or condenser mics with an external phantom power.