Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Note Mute doesn't work with external Midi input

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Don't know if this is a bug or by design, but I was expecting to still be able to use the note level mute on a kit or synth track to also work where receiving notes from an external controller or sequencer.

I feel that muting a note, should prevent that note from sounding completely, including: the internal sequencer, audition button, keyboard view, and external midi input. This is both more logical, and more powerful, since you could, for example, have a single external midi sequencer for a drum pattern, and then using the kit level mute to mute some of the parts.

Comments

beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

Hi

Mute only mutes the internal sequencer. It was (during beta testing) temporarily made to mute incoming MIDI as well .. but more people (inc me) preferred it to only mute the internal sequence so that you could (for example) mute a store sequence and play live over the top of it.

I did however suggest via Facebook that perhaps Mute does still do what it's doing right now (which you and a few others don't want) - but that Shift-Mute would actually completely mute the channel and not just the sequencer - perhaps with a different LED colour on the mute column.

Upvote if you think this would work for you and we'll see how if it gets accepted on the next f/w lap

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

I can't upvote my own poat, so i upvoted yours... ;-)