Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sections View

antoineantoine Marseille, FRPosts: 6

A view where each section is condensed to one single line, something like Shift+Up/Down Btn click in song view.

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

So like an extra zoom out level from Song View?

antoineantoine Marseille, FRPosts: 6

@MatthewGeorge said:

Yes !!! Kind of... Just to have a view for playing live, section after section, applying effect to whole song...
    To simplify view, minimum scroll.

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222
    edited May 2017

I suggested a shortcut that would arbitrarily "group" tracks by part or type-- basically it would rearrange the order of the tracks so either all the song parts would be together OR all the instrument "types" would be together (i.e. sample/synth/kit/midi/CV).
    Being able to switch back and forth between the two I think could help transitioning from composition to live.
    I think the addition of a "line break" could be also be useful-- to insert a blank "track" between the groups, respectively.

Post edited by workergray on
    MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@antoine said:

@MatthewGeorge said:

Yes !!! Kind of... Just to have a view for playing live, section after section, applying effect to whole song...
    To simplify view, minimum scroll.

Yeah cool. I can imaging using lots of clones and sections for little variations.
    Great idea.

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184
    edited May 2017
    Yeah we need something. Hard to work with sections and songs in the current firmware, too many tracks
    Post edited by rpc9943 on
    rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

Maybe it could just be a blank screen that starts in the upper left corner and progresses from left to right, maybe we could just shift the grid to tell it what color section to use, and shift press would make it show the amount of times it loops. This would be the easiest way I think , to use an "overarching" song mode.