Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

shift press mode

hi all, heres a software feature suggestion:

"shift press mode" in this mode you just press the shift button then press any of the shortcut buttons to activate a shortcut, you wouldn't have to hold the shift button down you could just press it instead. there could be an option in the settings menu to set weather you hold the shift button to activate shortcuts or just press it what do you guys think of this :)

I'm trey from the uk I'm totally blind with cerebral palsy, I make music with hardware and reaper on Mac os10.

Comments

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

Its already like that. You only have to hold shift until you select the shortcut, then you can stop holding shift

Like this
    Shift + shortcut accesses shortcut.

soundwarrior20soundwarrior20 Wales Uk Posts: 27

What time proposing is that to activate a shortcut you wouldn’t have to hold the shift button with one hand you press the shift button Then with that same hand you can press the button that that activates the shortcut In this case you would not hold the shift button

I'm trey from the uk I'm totally blind with cerebral palsy, I make music with hardware and reaper on Mac os10.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

I get it. Press shift, then it stays activated until you press a shortcut or another function that uses a shift combination.

That could be useful.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

It is called latching, so you could press shift, shift stays active until shortcut is pressed.

A good way to prevent it from being inadvertently used could be it only happens when shift button is held for more than 1 second, then it latches, to cancel the latching press shift again.

soundwarrior20soundwarrior20 Wales Uk Posts: 27

I came up with this idea because I only have the use one hand I have cerebral palsy UC