Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI assigment stored with sound-presets!??

The MIDI assignments are stored with the sound presets which makes absolutely no sense cause you have to assign them for each of the 99 presets new. So trying to work with an external MIDI-controller for sounddesign is impossible in this state of the firmware. Its common to store MIDI assigments globaly or at least with the song. Please change this with the next fw update!

I would also recommend to make each of the deap menu parameters assignable. Also saturation, synth mode and so on. The deap menu is a creativity killer. Having a faderbox nearby or a software editor is much more easier (and more common) for intuitiv sound design.

Thanx! :)

Comments

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

Today I took a look into the XML file of the sounds. No cc-assigments in there. Then I looked into the XML of the song where I did the assignments and found them there. So the XML is telling me that the assignments are stored within the songs. Great!

But now I don't understand this:
    When assigning cc-values to parameters and changing the sound, all assignments are gone. When going back to the sound where I did the assignments, all assignments are still there. Where are they stored!?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

CC learns are stored to the songs 'version' of the preset :) (Not optimal, I know)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

You may notice that the song 'version' will be sub-lettered. You can always save that back over the default numeric one. Remember to save a Synth or Kit, you have to be in the editor 1st (select an audition pad, click SELECT wheel such that PGM or similar appears, then SAVE. Roll SELECT back to get to numeric and hit SAVE again.

Note this would over-right the Kit. This won't change any other Songs using the kit, as Songs take their own copy. But it would then be updated for the next Song that loaded that kit.

To store this into the SONG, you'd still have to re-SAVE the song, either with the numeric you just over-wrote, or the sub-lettered, depending on which one was showing on the track when song is saved.

Lastly (I think), Kits and Synths are copied into Songs for their 'versions' .. but SAMPLES are NOT.
    If you change a Sample, it changes everywhere, i.e. the sample data is not stored into the Song (or Kit), it is merely a file references to the SD card.

The cc-assignments are stored indeed in both, songs and presets. To use all presets with one faderbox you have to copy the assignments manually into each preset. Its not such a big deal with SciTe or Notepad++. Ich realized a workaround with 10 Copies of the presets, each mapped to a different midichannel. I named them 100-199, 200-299, 300-399, and so on, the channel information is the first letter of the presetnumber. But with this method its limited to 10 midichannels only (0-9) cause not more than 3 characters are possible. My default song now has 10 Tracks, each mapped to its own preset range. Dependent to the midichannel of the faderbox I can remote now each track individually.

For my understanding of midi, and I'm working since the early 80th with midi, the cc-assigments have to be globally, not per song or per preset. All other machines and softwaresequencers are working this way. Maybe its not possible with the concept of the Deluge? But than you can remote only 10 of the 16 channels (tracks) cause of the limitation to 3 characters in the presetnames. A better solution would be helpful.

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161
    edited June 2018

I didnt know that KITS store the midi mapping. Could you send me a kit file with the mapping saved ?

I have created a MIDI assignment button in the Deluge Kit Generator but its currently only for songs. It loads a song from your Deluge via downrush and then you can save the song with remapped tracks.

Post edited by fryyyy on
    beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

Hi fryyyy, from what I know, only the CCs get mapped into kits.

Notes stay with the Songs

I don't mean kit presets. Never tried that with kits.

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Ah ok, i hoped this would be possible somehow