Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Parameter automation as separate tracks

As I don't own an Elektron, I'm not sure if this is the same as the much-vaunted p-locks those heads keep going on about but it would be nice if recorded parameter/knob modulations were given their own tracks vs being embedded w/ in track they affect. The parameter tracks could be placed directly below the track they are intended to affect instead. When you go into the parameter track, all of the parameters that have shortcut buttons could flash so you know which ones are active ... if you choose one, that parameters value could be continuously displayed as the sequence steps through & with a little bit of thought (which I haven't given), you could probably even implement editing values by step rather than the current knob turning as it steps, which I find clunky.

Why this might be useful:

1) You could actually see the parameter automation written in the track. Right now, it's hidden in other tracks.

2) Parameter tracks could be different lengths than the music track they affect so the various filter sweeps, etc don't have to hit on the same note, beat every measure if you don't want them to.

3) Conditional/probability could be implemented for parameter automation independent of note.

4) Parameter tracks could be quickly cloned & applied to other tracks.

Comments