Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

MIDI controller assignment option to access the selected / edited track

tacharontacharon Hamburg
edited December 2017 in Deluge Software Suggestions

I plan to set up a bank of external dials for faster editing of all sound parameters. While all controller assignments are currently directly tied to one specific track, it would be way more useful during the creation process if the assignments would follow the selected/edited track. There is probably need for both options, ideally in form of two independent maps for all assignments of a song which can be switched, one direct (e.g. for a performance to access specific parameters of different tracks), the other following the track focus (better for sound design during the composition process).

Post edited by tacharon on

Comments

MyrkMyrk Taunton, UK

+1 this feature would really help with external midi control. I'd love to get a BCR2000 to replace the menu diving on the Deluge, and this would allow the current track to be edited, but would need the Deluge to fire out the CCs whenever you change track to ensure the LED encoders show the correct values.

I agree with Myrk that feedback (for hardware controllers with LED rings or alike) would be desirable too – in both cases.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USA

+1

The user and all related content has been deleted.

+1

jbone1313jbone1313 Tucson, Arizona, USA

+1

YogiYogi Germany

+1 Just discovered this issue with my new FaderFox UC4 unit...

MPrinsenMPrinsen Netherlands
    edited May 15

+1

Not only for cc, also just for notes.

I'd like to have 1 global midi keyboard/controller that lets you play the selected track.

When knobs/faders are mapped of this "global" controller, it should be a "generic" link, which means that it applies only to the selected track and only when the destination is the same/comparable (so same control for all internal synths or for all midi tracks with a specific/kits midi channel)

Post edited by MPrinsen on
    tacharontacharon Hamburg

Yes, absolutely! This should work for all channel messages. Thanks for pointing it out!

+1 Should be option to switch between direct (current behavior) and focused (proposed behavior).

tacharontacharon Hamburg

I like that wording! The Setting Menu should provide an addition:
    MIDI > MAP > DIREct or FOCUsed
    Perfect!
    :-)

gikugiku Poland
    edited August 11

I bought external MIDI keyboard plugged in and... was shocked this obvious, common behaviour is not supported. Haven't expected this. For now its unusable..
    +1

Post edited by giku on
    tacharontacharon Hamburg
    edited August 12

After thinking about this more, I suggest not to implement this as two modes of operation (as suggested above, prematurely ;-), but as two distinct learn modes, so that you could for example assign some controls as a mixer (vol, pan, reverb, maybe EQ, etc.) and other controls for sound editing (Osc, LFO, filter, ADSRs, etc) of the selected/edited track, and use them simultaneously!
    That would be clearly preferable for both, composition and live performance. It also simplifies to ensure backward compatibility: Existing assignments are direct, new assignments could be either direct, or following the selected/edited track.

Post edited by tacharon on