- Last Active
- Beta Tester
I think Deluge could benefit from having a drum layout good for finger drumming. This could be opened by the keyboard button by kits. The distribution of assigned kit sounds could follow the Push’s logic, so filling up the grid from bottom to up in 4 or 8 wide columns. Or any other kind of solution would be great. Not having a drum layout for kits on Deluge’s wonderful pad grid seems to me a missed ball
Currently when stopping playback in arrangement mode the playhead immediately jumps back where it started.
Wish we had an option to stop the playback and let the playhead stay where it was at that moment. Maybe in a similar way to how we start the position based playback: press and hold knob <> and press button play.
I think Deluge should support time signature setting especially since 3.0 where looping and extended recording has been introduced. It is not convenient to work with time signatures different from 4/4 currently.
Time signature could be set under Settings menu and can be global for the whole song.
This setting should affect the following.
- The metronome should count accordingly (including count-in).
- The loop length calculation and extended recording (so when to stop recording when it's triggered) should be calculated based on the selected time signature.
- It may also affect how the clips are changed in Song mode.
As far as I see the 3.0 tries to handle this situation with file naming and searching features in some degree. However it hardly improves the situation of having a single folder that holds all samples recorded internally as well as resampled ones and including those shits that are never used
I think it's a sort of missed ball not having any kind of pitch bend/pitch wheel control on Deluge though it has a decent synth engine:)
Here's an idea of how to emulate it with one of the golden knobs.
So currently the master pitch can be assigned to golden knob but its behavior is far from a correct pitch bend functionality.
The idea is based on OP-1 approach but slightly improved.
- So the golden knob would change the pitch up or down depending on the direction it is turned in. Its center position is the 0 pitch change. This is the current behavior.
- The pitch glides back quickly to 0 immediately when (or 10-20 milliseconds after) the movement of the golden knob has finished.
- When the golden knob is pushed it keeps the pitch until it gets released. This would emulate when the player holds the pitch wheel and plays further with the pitch change on a keyboard.
1. How pitch bend functionality can be accessed? Should it repace the current master pitch assignment on golden knob? Or should it be a new feature accessible by one of the free pads?
2. How is it possible to set range of pitch bend? Or sould it still be fixed to one octave?
It's similar to the request of being able to name instruments in clip view (or in song view). I think these two things can go (or can not) hand to hand.