Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to set up a "reset signal" for Eurorack

ZwerverZwerver ZwollePosts: 3
edited September 2019 in Deluge Help

Hello people of this board,
As I assume not everyone has FB I will try here to get some answers on my questions I can't extract from manual or online discussion or tutorial or website articles.

(I got some great hints on FB but I need to make sure I'm not over seeing a right explaination)

I'm working out all my possibilities to sync the D with Eurorack and in my case the Mutable Instruments GRIDS in specific. It needs a so called "reset signal" and I discussed this over the MI forum and got a great answer of the developer her self.

So far I can find the D can send start / stop over the gates and "Run".
There seems to be a way in the MIDI learn section of the manual that states something over "reset" but not that it can be send over the gates as an Eurorack signal.

The work around is to put one MIDI note over gate 3 on a track (clip)? in a complete sequence.
When I start the D it will send this as a kind of reset signal.
I wonder if a gate can have a reset signal option just like start/stop and run.

For you who want to read the whole explanation I put in this link:

https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/sync-grids-with-deluge/15968

The developer also asked me what the Synthstrom creators mean with the so called definition of "trigger clock". Can someone explain what it is and what it is different as "MIDI clock"?

Thank you if you want to help me out, would be great!

Post edited by Zwerver on

Comments

ZwerverZwerver ZwollePosts: 3

Ah. Been experimenting this weekend for a few hours and after setting a new kit track on gate 3 and RUN patched into the Grids it syncs to start and stop. Ace. It also reacts if I set the track in the kit to Vtrig and put a note on the first step. It makes stutter if I set more notes so this opens up even more opportunities. So Cool!