Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V3.0.0 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Deluge firmware V3.0.0 is released today, another major update adding some of our biggest new features yet.

Download it here.

New features
* Audio clips (an all-new type of clip, in addition to synth, kit, CV and MIDI)
* Live looping of audio and instrument / MIDI clips, including easy overdubbing / layering, and automatic tempo setting
* Audio clip live looping includes option to record additional audio "margins" either side of loop (from before you even pressed record), to allow a brief crossfade to eliminate click at loop point
* Auto-extending of clip length during note recording
* Recording count-in
* Recording audio or MIDI directly into arrangement tracks
* Audio thru
* Alphanumeric keyboard, allowing text-based names of presets and files
* Deleting of audio and preset files
* New preset-loading interface, with "clone" function for adding multiple preset instances
* USB host mode for MIDI devices
* Ability to switch off automatic sample previewing
* Expanded MIDI control of functions for pedal control of live looping
* Further CPU optimizations to allow an even greater number of sounds to be played at once

The Deluge manual has been updated for all new features, so please refer there for detailed instructions.

Loopop has created an excellent walkthrough video on the Deluge to coincide with the V3.0 firmware release. Skip to 30mins to just check out the new features, but watching the whole video offers a nice little refresh over some of the core functionality.

Installation
To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

Please take this opportunity to back up the data from your SD card while it's in your computer. Any storage technology can fail, and we want your art to be safe regardless.

Comments

Alexis_BryanAlexis_Bryan belgiumPosts: 11

NICE!

RhyminGarFunkleRhyminGarFunkle Tucson, AZPosts: 16

Awesome news! It's actually my birthday today and I don't usually like to celebrate it but this is a pretty cool present. The producers guide sounds amazing, is it going to be free to Deluge owners in digital form?

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62

Wow, the final feature list is even bigger than I expected. Thanks for all the great and hard work!

Brass side of life: JTK

AutomaticFormAutomaticForm United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 12

"Auto-extending of clip length during note recording" YES

StarHarrierStarHarrier California, USAPosts: 7

Awesome! Outstanding work guys - just got my Deluge on Wednesday, so it'll be really nice for my initial learning curve to have all the new features to assimilate

HAINEZeeHAINEZee United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 21

Amazing - an early birthday present for me:) Love how the Deluge is evolving!:) Thanks Ian and all involved in coding and testing too!

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Thank you!
    Congratulations!

rwmjrwmj UKPosts: 3
    edited September 2019

Is there a significance to the fact I can only use sample #168 on one track? (I don't know if this is a change introduced by this firmware, but I didn't notice it before)

Post edited by rwmj on
    AutomaticFormAutomaticForm United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 12

Any update on the foot switch?

realms_of_chaosrealms_of_chaos United KingdomPosts: 18

@RhyminGarFunkle said:
    Awesome news! It's actually my birthday today and I don't usually like to celebrate it but this is a pretty cool present. The producers guide sounds amazing, is it going to be free to Deluge owners in digital form?

What's the "producers guide"? Did I miss something?

edited September 2019

@ 41:30 in Loopop’s Deluge 3.0 video he mentions that a help app is being made for smartphones by user and YouTube poster Mr. Wiggly:

Maybe that’s it.

Post edited by pfrf on
    realms_of_chaosrealms_of_chaos United KingdomPosts: 18

Just found it, it's in the email sent out to Deluge owners about the 3.0 firmware, and someone has also posted it on the Deluge Facebook group.

Oh I see, excellent!!!

Awesome! MIDI looping is still a bit buggy tho.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

@Klaustrophil said:

What bugs are you seeing? We like fixing bugs :)

CarlJohnFranzCarlJohnFranz United KingdomPosts: 10

Thanks 👍

recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

great work team! really excited about the looping aspect... more to learn!

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

Still no global midi-cc's only the 7 remote commands. There are hundreds of midi-controler out there and there are coming more and more. For live, for studio, for sending sound commands to different synths, beatboxes and mixing tables, to create changes in the scenes. Synthstrom is ignoring all this – the midi-cc's in the Deluge are still song based! Ok, its possible to create a song template which is the source for all the following songs. That could work – as long as you don't change any sound, cause the learned midi-cc's are stored within the sound-xmls! Thats ridiculous. The midi-implementation in the Deluge has nearly nothing to do with the standard. It would be really helpful for all users who work with the Deluge in a complex setting, to give it a midi implementation that is standard since the early 80th. Otherwise this machine will have a very limited future.

71777177 (:Posts: 38

Thank You Synthstrom!

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

So nice! Big Thanks Synthstrom:
    3.0 promised for September and delivered in September!
    B I G small company !!!

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

xeamusxeamus SwedenPosts: 5

I love the possibility to name everything in the Deluge itself! It makes the Deluge so much easier to work with. B)

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80
    edited September 2019

Hi peeps. Possible bug, though may be my error or intended function. Was quickly tinkering with the new looping functionality and set Count in to 'On'. I had a single Audio track for the loop recording (song mode). The count in did not sound until I created a second track in song mode, in this case, a Kit track. Does count in require a separate track to use as sound source for the metronome? Not a problem really, just wanted to check.

Post edited by NRuck on
    darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Thanks for all your hard work on the update, it is pretty epic, I’m slowly working through the new functions and very impressed, I don’t find the manual very helpful though so I look forward to the Synthdawg one and the app.

SynthdawgSynthdawg YorkshireBeta Tester Posts: 4

@darenager said:
    Thanks for all your hard work on the update, it is pretty epic, I’m slowly working through the new functions and very impressed, I don’t find the manual very helpful though so I look forward to the Synthdawg one and the app.

Its getting closer......

@rohan said:

@Klaustrophil said:

What bugs are you seeing? We like fixing bugs :)

Sure, I'll drop you a mail soon!

BathMilkBathMilk United StatesPosts: 11

@Stromer said:
    Still no global midi-cc's only the 7 remote commands. There are hundreds of midi-controler out there and there are coming more and more. For live, for studio, for sending sound commands to different synths, beatboxes and mixing tables, to create changes in the scenes. Synthstrom is ignoring all this – the midi-cc's in the Deluge are still song based! Ok, its possible to create a song template which is the source for all the following songs. That could work – as long as you don't change any sound, cause the learned midi-cc's are stored within the sound-xmls! Thats ridiculous. The midi-implementation in the Deluge has nearly nothing to do with the standard. It would be really helpful for all users who work with the Deluge in a complex setting, to give it a midi implementation that is standard since the early 80th. Otherwise this machine will have a very limited future.

Synthstrom does it the same way a DAW would do it. You would have to map for each instance of the synth in a DAW. You can get around it with templates, but if it were global commands, then if you adjusted for one synth it would move the others in the song/template. I dont think that would be preferable in most situations. If they were able to make it global controls that would apply to only the synth you have selected and are currently working on, that would be awesome, but I bet that would be tough to implement as well.

AUDIO: Roland TD-30 and HPD-15 Drums w/ Line 6 & Moog Guitars > Line 6 Helix Rack w/ KP3+(2) FX Loops > 1/4 TRS to Deluge MIDI: TD-30 > Novation Zero SL MKii > Deluge > Helix

IchMachBubuIchMachBubu ViennaPosts: 33

Congrats to all of us, i guess. Good work Synthstrom!

IchMachBubuIchMachBubu ViennaPosts: 33

Oh forgot...any idea when the PDF version of the manual will be up to 3.0?

TY!

hxlpshxlps FrancePosts: 6

I can't figure how the "SHARE" repeat mode works since the 3.0 update. It doesn't work as in previous firmware versions, and the manual hasn't been updated on this matter. Is it an intentional change or a bug ?