Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

FEATURE REQUEST: MIDI SysEx data support

..what more can I say? it'd be incredibly useful if Deluge support MIDI SysEx data transport to & from, dumps, bulks dumps etc...

Comments

feijaifeijai Washington, DCPosts: 43

I would like to second this.

The Deluge's synthesizer facility is not easy to program. I have been loaned a Deluge and was all set to write a patch editor for the synthesizer in Edisyn and make it available as free open source to the community -- and then discovered that the Deluge responds to neither Sysex, NRPN, nor CC. For the love of Pete.

I think this should be very, very high on the feature list. There is no way to externally edit or control the Deluge!

I would suggest the route taken by DSI, er, Sequential:

• Use NRPN for real-time control all synth parameters
    • Overlay this with CC for common synth parameters for those DAWs (cough Ableton) too stupid to offer NRPN support
    • Use Sysex for bulk patch reception, laid out in exactly the same structure as the NRPN ordering.
    • The Deluge should emit sysex patch dumps at least.
    • Provide a request-for-bulk-emit command in Sysex.
    lucamattialucamattia Beta Tester Posts: 7

IMO this is the most important missing feature.

While the synth engine itself is awesome, despite a vibrant community there is a lack of good third party presets compared to other less powerful grooveboxes, because of the underwehlming sound design process which would really benefit from an external editor.

Deluge is wonderfully designed as a performance machine, and it should stay that way. Developers shouldn't focus on improving the sound design UI; instead, they should open up the engine and allow the development of third party editors by implementing sysex.

It should also make lots of sense from a business point of view, as third party involvement (and thus more content, more links, more sharing etc) is a sales driver.

melchrmelchr United StatesPosts: 10

this. yes please