Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sustain Pedal for note holds (normal sustain pedal action)

Please PRETTY PLEASE add a normal sustain pedal function on the Deluge; meaning that a sustain pedal will control the length of the notes. It's not possible to play piano and other keys in a genuine way without this...

Comments

austingreenaustingreen United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 7

+1 yup, i would love this!

dartlaerdartlaer USABeta Tester Posts: 4

I'd love this too.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

I found a slight work around for keeping a small amount of release by mapping the release of env1 to env2 and adjusting the map amount and env2 release until it sounded ok. Still sounds a little off and is a pain though, we need true sustain pedal support.

hurdygurdyhurdygurdy Posts: 37

this works already this way: just map a pedal (midi cc) to the active synths sustain. I found it to feel i a little choppier than playing on other keyboards, but i works fine. In addition, the pedal is not digital but analogue, thus really fine sustain sounds can be achieved. Thanks rcz for the tip, have to try this to get rid of the choppiness when releasing the pedal too fast.

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

@hurdygurdy said:
    this works already this way: just map a pedal (midi cc) to the active synths sustain.

Do you mean the sustain level of ENV1, or some other sustain parameter?

Yes, i just mapped the env1 sustain. But my pedal has a somewhat analogue output. If i release too fast it feels a bit unnatural. I didnt try this with a digital pedal, jumping from cc0 and cc127.

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

@hurdygurdy said:
    Yes, i just mapped the env1 sustain. But my pedal has a somewhat analogue output. If i release too fast it feels a bit unnatural. I didnt try this with a digital pedal, jumping from cc0 and cc127.

I'm pretty puzzled by this, since the env1 sustain level adjusts the volume the sound lands on at the end of the decay stage and where it remains while the note is sustained, which is very different from actually sustaining a note, as a sustain pedal would. I guess with a very long release time you might get something that sounded like a sustain pedal in some ways, except that you couldn't cut off pedal-sustained notes by releasing the pedal.

edited July 2019

Yeah, my bad, sorry. You are absolutely right. I am mapping the release in fact. So the notes are effectively kept in a really long until the pedal is released, acting somewhat like a sustain. Normally midikeyblards send cc 64

Post edited by hurdygurdy on
    AudioroticAudiorotic SeattlePosts: 21

Yes sustain pedal support would be grand.

It works in midi tracks for playing back external synths but not on the internal synths.

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

+1 Sustain pedal to release is not the same as just sustaining the note. This was one the the first things I noticed when trying out my Dellie was pretty disappointed